Sunday, August 20, 2006

La Ciboise - Coteaux du Tricastin

 
Ok you might think I am narrow-minding myself down to only Cotes du Rhone wine, but actually I just focus on this region before I move on to other countries and areas. I call Rhone wine my home wine. You need a benchmark anyway, and I know that most people use Bordeaux aus their benchmark. So far I also like south African Pinotage and West Australian Shirah. Would I know the difference between west- and east-Australian Shirah? No, probably not. Most are just west Australian. Also I like a lot of good white wines. Especially the ones from Luxembourg (Riesling, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Auxerrois, Elbling, etc) and some German Riesling. Well, I also like Chiliean Cabernet Sauvignon and Californian Shirah. Anyway, back to the old good Rhone wine. This one is again by my favourite producer Chapoutier, and it's the cheapest one at under a fiver from Asda. Great value, lots of cherry flavours and great with a chunk of cheese. Of course not the finesse of a Cotes du Rhone Villages or Vacqueras/Gigondas/Chateauneuf... but good nonetheless. So there!

1 Comments:

Blogger altitude zero said...

I might just try your recommendation of the day! I am off to Asda in a minute for my lunch

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home