Monday, July 17, 2006

Beaujolais 2005 - Georges Duboef


Time for yet another exciting wine review! Everybody raise your glasses and extend our your little finger and have a sip of this little tasty number.
No, seriously, tonight I shared this bottle of Beaujolais with a good old friend of mine who came over for dinner. Sun made us her fantastic green thai curry, and with asian food you should always drink something refreshing. Beaujolais is refreshing. I kept it in the fridge, and took it out about an hour before dinner, so it was about right I think. Personally, I am not a huge fan of beaujolais. Maybe not yet, but maybe soon it will grow on me. This one, however, is definitely a good one. It has a fairly purple colour for a beaujolais and has I think less tannins than other red wine, and more acidity. It has also a nice wood-oaky taste to it. On the nose it is dominated by a bunch of fresh summer berries. Yes that's righ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home