Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Gigondas

Today we shared a bottle of Gigondas 2003 Domaine de Font-Sane. Wow, that was nice. Ok, I decided to this time take somebody else's review, as my comments would not do it justice:
Beautiful, dense, deep garnet-red robe, bright and limpid. The nose develops aromas of small red fruits in brandy, then evolves towards touches of pepper enhanced by a touch of vanilla. Hearty and round mouth, well-structured by noble tannins with a perfect alliance between substance and aromas of fruits of the undergrowth and of red and black berries. "An elegant, cool climate-styled Gigondas, Font-Sane’s 2003 possesses medium body, moderate tannin, and modest quantities of raspberry, cherry and floral-infused fruit …. Attractive, Pinot Noir-styled red." Robert Parker

5 Comments:

Blogger McFiend said...

You may also enjoy these

http://automobiles.honda.com/

Big 'ondas!

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I tried for two days not to do that pun but I just couldn't stop it.)

5:01 AM  
Blogger altitude zero said...

OK GC, nice one considering you posted at 5am (or is that just the clock that is wrong on this blog?). Anyway, Gogondas is a marvellous wine. One of my favourite Rhone wines and regularly served by my father.
Nice one Winehead.

1:14 PM  
Blogger altitude zero said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Curehead said...

Exactly! So there!

Thanks for backing me up there A.Z.!

2:42 PM  
Blogger McFiend said...

Just joshing! No I wasn't up at 5am... just strange bloggery going on there.

On a boozy theme, here is a rather cool cocktail widget..

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/food/cocktail.html

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home