Friday, March 30, 2007

Cahors - Pont du Diable


Picked this one up at Waitrose today for under 5 quid. Just fancied something different. It said dark berries on the label. I knew I was in for a treat. Grabbed some cheeses off the counter as well and once at home had a good tasting. This is a quite strong and a bit rougher tasting wine. Made from the Malbec grape, this is different than the normal wine I drink, but from the strength, acidity and tannins it reminded me of my favourite Rhones, although it did not have the Provence-sandy hills-herby taste to it. However, I can just imagine how great this would taste with a nicely grilled piece of meat on the balcony under a tree in the South of France. I loved this wine. Great with strong cheeses (Camembert) or something meaty. I'll have it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home