Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Pouilly Fuisse

 
Tonight I have tried a white wine that I might consider using on the big day. It's a Pouilly Fuisse, white Burgundy of course, not to be confused with the white Loire wine called Pouilly Fume. Yeah, this Pouilly Fuisse is from Domaine Thibert Pere et Fils and is a 2005, so pretty recent. The colour is a nice golden yellow, the smell of floral sugary syrup, and the taste quite fruity and nice and easy to drink. I think this would go well with the light starter dishes that you usually get at weddings, but would also be well do drink on its own. It's very easy to drink actually, much better than the rather dry Vouvray I had the other day. This is all nice and great, just typically for a Pouilly Fuisse also on the expensive side. This bottle I got last weekend from my favourite small independent wine merchant Philglas & Swiggot. It was priced at around 18 quid! To be honest, I am sure I can get a more reasonably priced one back at home, but the style is at least the right one! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Curehead said...

And I just found out that Waitrose now got it on special offer for 12.79 until the end of the month. 6 pounds difference!! Bollox

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home