Saturday, November 18, 2006

Beaujolais Nouveaux 2006

 
After checking out Oddbins, Nicholas and Waitrose on the offical release date this past Thursday, without any luck, I found this one at Waitrose today. Just thinking that it has been only a number of weeks since the grapes of this wine were still on the vines makes this a very interesting tasting. The colour is very pinkish red with a tint of violet. The smell is of fresh summer fruit like grenadine and cassis. I think I can also taste a bit of licorice in there, but I beg anyone to challenge me on that. Overall I have to say it is a very nice Beaujolais. And that's coming from someone who is usually not very keen on this wine. I'd recommend it. And the price of under a fiver is tempting me of maybe getting a second bottle at my next Waitrose visit! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home